Traditional AC, Ductless AC & Air Conditioning UnitSpring, TX, Tomball, TX, Cypress, TX, Klein, TX & The Woodlands, TX
Air Conditioning Options in Cypress, The Woodlands TX and surrounding areas
If you’re debating between a new central air conditioner or a ductless alternative, the right answer depends on the exact situation. The two options are a lot alike. They both consist of a condenser located outside the home and an evaporator/air handler installed inside the home. However, there are some crucial differences. ATS Mechanical Heating & AC is happy to explain and explore options and help you determine the best fit for your needs.
- Do you already have ductwork installed? If so, it might be more cost-effective to stick with a central cooling system. If not, a ductless system installs with little more than a three-inch hole in the wall.
- Are you concerned with aesthetics? From inside the home, central AC is invisible. For a ductless system, slim profile air handlers are mounted on the wall or a cassette is installed into the ceiling. While they are streamlined and stylish, they are still noticeable.
- How big is your home? For homes larger than 2,500 square feet, a central AC system is powerful enough to handle the demand. For a home with less square footage or if you’re targeting specific rooms, a ductless system is ideal.
- Is operational noise a problem? Ductless split systems tend to be quieter than centralized cooling.
- What’s your budget? Central air conditioning is typically more expensive. However, there is a wide range of prices that go up with energy efficiency ratings.
- What about energy efficiency? With central AC, the ductwork often undermines the efficiency of the system. Poor design, leaks and all sorts of problems forces the air conditioner to work harder and use more energy. Ductless models offer a higher potential energy efficiency.
- How important is zone control? If you’d like to customize the temperature in specific rooms, both options are up to the task. However, it’s cheaper and easier with ductless. Each individual air handler features an independent thermostat.
- Do you want supplemental heating? There are ductless heat pumps that provide both heating and cooling. These systems are wonderfully energy efficient.
Your Ductless and Traditional AC Experts at ATS Mechanical Heating & AC
With three decades in the HVAC industry, ATS Mechanical Heating & AC offers homeowners across Cypress, Tomball, Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, Klein, Louetta, and Kohrville, TX the best options in temperature control. We draw from the leading manufacturers, meet the strenuous qualifications of a Mitsubishi Elite Diamond Dealer and our installation team is NATE-, ACCA- and EPA-certified. Give us a call at (832) 266-1531 to learn more, schedule a consultation and achieve your comfort goals.